জ্যাকি প্রামান্ডো পেরেরা, সহকারি শিক্ষক
সেন্ট গ্রেগরী হাইস্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজ, ঢাকা
প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থী বন্ধুরা, তোমাদের জন্য প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা সমাপনী পরীক্ষার উপযোগী ইংরেজি মডেল প্রশ্ন দেয়া হলো:
Time : 2.30 hours Marks : 100
Read the text carefully and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 and 4 :What food is good food? Sometimes the food we like to eat isn’t the healthiest food for us. The Food Pyramid helps us to understand the different food groups, and it tells us how much of each food group we should eat. Look at the picture of the Food Pyramid. We eat more of the foods at the bottom of the pyramid. What foods do you see at the bottom? These are things made from grain, for example, rice, ruti and bread. Potatoes are not grains, but they are similar. Grains give us energy. Fruit and vegetables are in the next level of the pyramid. These are also very important for us. They have vitamins. They help our eyes and our health. On the next level, there are fish, meat, dairy products, beans and lentils. Meat, fish and chicken have protein. Beans and lentils do, too! Dairy products are things like milk and eggs. They help our teeth and bones. Protein and dairy make us strong. Fat and oil are at the top of the Food Pyramid. These make food delicious, but our body does not need very much of them. Sometimes we can’t get food from all the different food groups. But when we have choices about food, we need to make good choices.
1. Match the words in Column A with their meanings in Column B. Two extra meanings are given in Column B. 1 x 5 = 5
Column A Column B
(a) Sometimes i.go forward
(b)Bottom ii.the last layer
(c)Level iii.layer or step
(d)Delicious iv.not continue
(e)Understand v.good feeling
vi.tasty or good to eat t
vii. make out or realize
2. Write true or false. 1x 6 = 6
(a) The Food pyramid is a chart to show the four groups of oods.
(b) The bottom level of the food pyramid has food from protein and dairy.
(c) Foods made of grain give us energy.
(d) Eggs help for Eyes.
(e) Milk helps to make us strong.
(f) Our bodies need a lot of fat and oil.
3. Answer the following questions in a sentence or sentences.
2x 6 = 12
(a) Write the names of two food items made of grain.
(b) Write two food items which we get directly from domestic animals.
(c) How does vitamin help us?
(d) Write the names of two food items which give us protein and vitamin.
(e) Why do we not take fat and oil food very much?
(f) What makes us strong?
4. Write a short composition about ‘Food Pyramid’ in at least five sentences by answering the following questions. 10
(a) What is Food Pyramid?
(b) How many layer are there in a Food Pyramid?
(c) How does Food Pyramid help us?
(d) What kind of foods are in the bottom of the Food Pyramid?
(e) What kind of foods are in the top level?
Read the text carefully and answer the questions 5, 6, 7 and 8 :
Computer is an important invention of modern science. It is a device of performing mathematical calculation. Computer is familiar to all at present. Charles Babez, a British Professor of Mathematics wrote about a formula. But the modern computer was invented by American scientist Howard Akin in 1937. It has now become an essential part of modern life. It has greatly benefited us and it has brought about revolutionary changes in our life. The fastest computer can handle millions of problems in few seconds. Computer can perform many complicated tasks. It can run a business, play chess or even compose music. This is why many people call the computer “An electronic brain”. All official jobs are completed with the help of computer. Present world cannot be thought without it. The world has come closer. It has made many impossible things possible. Thus computer works for us in various ways.
5. Fill in the gaps with the best word from the box. Find the information in the text. There are extra words which
you need not use : 1 x 5 = 5
works important computer electronic
a few tasks science athematical
(a) Computer is an — invention of science.
(b) It is specially used for — calculation.
(c) It — very fast.
(d) Many complex — are done rapidly.
(e) For this, it is called an — brain.
6. Write true or false. 1×6 = 6
(a) Computer is an important invention of modern science.
(b) Charles Babez, an US Professor of Mathematics wrote about a formula.
(c) The modern computer was invented by American scientist Howard Akin in 1957.
(d) Computer has brought about revolutionary changes in our life.
(e) The computer can not handle any problems for many years.
(f) Many people call the computer “An electronic brain”.
7. Answer the following questions in a sentence or sentences.
2 x 5 = 10
(a) What is computer?
(b) Who invented it?
(c) What is its role in our life?
(d) Mention two functions of a computer?
(e) Why is it called an electronic brain?
8. Suppose, you are Mohona. Write a letter to your friend Tonni about ‘Computer’. 10
9. Make WH questions from the given sentences with who, what, when, where, why, which and how using the underlined word/words. 2 x 5 = 10
(a) Sima eats fruits everyday.
(b) He grows crops.
(c) People come to Solakia to celebrate Eid.
(d) They live in a big village.
(e) Ritu gets up early in the morning.
10. Read the procedures about to wash your hands and answer the questions. 1 + 2 + 3 = 6
(a) What do you need to use to wash your hands? 1
(b) Why do you need to wash your hands? 2
(c) How do you wash your hands before eating food? 3
How to wash hands
1. Wet your hands with clean water and use soap.
2. Wash both sides of your hands and in between your fingers.
3. Remember to clean your finger nails.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly.
5.Then dry them with a clean towel.
11. Write 5 Sentences about your daily school activity considering the following points. [Write the time in numbers and period sequence in ordinal numbers in your writing.] 5
-What time does your school start?
-How long does the school continue before tiffin period?
-What time does the school break up after the last period?
12. Rearrange the words in the appropriate order to make meaningful sentences. [Make sure you put a capital letter at the start and full stop or question mark at the end] 2 x 5 = 10
13. Suppose Jhuma lives in Rasulpur village with her parents. Her father’s name is Jaman Ahmed and mother’s name is Shamima Khatun. She wants to be a member of a local athletic club. By using Jhuma’s information, fill up the following form. 5
1. Name : …………………………………
2. Father’s name : …………………………………
3. Mother’s name : …………………………………
4. Address : …………………………………