প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থী বন্ধুরা, তোমাদের প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা সমাপনী পরীক্ষার চূড়ান্ত প্রস্তুতির জন্য ইংরেজি মডেল প্রশ্ন দেয়া হলো, আশা করি মনোযোগ দিয়ে অনুশীলন করবে। একটা রুটিন করো কখন কী পড়বে।
ইংরেজি মডেল প্রশ্ন
Time: 2:30 Hours Full marks-100
(Seen Comprehension: )
Read the text and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 & 4.
A person’s birthday is a special day. This is the date when the person was born. People around the world celebrate birthdays in different ways. In many countries, people celebrate with a cake. There are candles on the cake. There is one candle for each year of the person’s life. People sing a song for the person. At the end of the song, the person blows out the candles. In some countries, there is often a party for a child’s birthday. The child’s friends come to the home. There is special food, like sweets. The children play games and sing. The friends often bring a birthday gift for the child. The gifts are wrapped in colorful paper. The gift may be a toy, a book or some clothes. In some countries, the friends don’t bring gifts. The most important thing is to enjoy the day and spend time with friends and family.
1. Match the words of column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in column B. 1×5=05
Column A Column B
(i) a social unit living together
(ii) a state or a nation
(iii) a death anniversary
(iv) the earth or globe considered to be a planet
(v) a social gathering for a purpose
(vi) a matter made from sugar
(vii) an anniversary of the day on which a person was born
OR, Fill in the blanks with suitable words from the box below: 1×5=05
(a) People all ____ the world celebrate birthdays in different ways.
(b) There are _______ on the cakes.
(c) ________ are special fruits on birthday celebration.
(d) The friends _________ a birthday gift for the child.
(e) But in some countries, the friends don’t bring ___ on birthday celebration.
2. Read the following statements. Write True/false 1×6=06
(a) Candles are kept around the cake.
(b) People wish the person saying birthday song.
(c) The presents are wrapped in colourful papers.
(d) People celebrate birthday with a cake in few countries.
(e) Candles are blown out at the middle of the song.
(f) There is ordinary food served in a birthday party.
3. Answer the following questions: 2×6=12
(a) Who celebrate birthdays in different ways?
(b) How do people celebrate birthday in many countries?
(c) When does a person blow out the candles in his birthday?
(d) What are the special foods in one’s birthday celebration?
(e) What do the children do in a birthday celebration?
(f) How are the gifts wrapped?
4. Write at least five sentences about what things are done in a birthday celebration answering the given set of questions related to the text. (Remember to use capital letters, punctuation and correct spelling). 10
* Why is birthday a very important day in one’s life?
* How do people celebrate a birthday?
* Where are there candles?
* When does the person blow out the candles?
* How do the children enjoy the day?
(Unseen Comprehension: )
Read the text and answer the questions 5, 6, 7 & 8.
A farmer had three sons. His sons were not in good terms with each other. They often quarreled among them. So, the old farmer was unhappy with them. Though he advised his sons not to quarrel, they did not pay heed to their father’s words.
The old farmer wanted to teach them a good lesson. So, he hit upon a plan. He called all his sons and asked them to bring some sticks. According to their father’s order, the sons collected some sticks and took them to him. The farmer told the sons to tie the sticks in a bundle. The sons did it accordingly. Then the farmers asked each of his sons to break the bundle. Each of the sons tried to break the bundle but they failed. This time the old farmer asked them to untie the bundle. The sons did it at once. Then he gave a stick to each of his sons. He again asked them to break the sticks. The sons could break their sticks easily. Then the farmers told his sons that if they remained untied like the bundle of the sticks nobody could harm them. He also warned them if they quarreled among themselves and remained separate, they would break down like the single sticks. He taught his sons the importance of unity. The sons realized and promised to remain united.
5. Fill in the blanks with the given words 1×5= 05
was qualify harm plan they accordingly have do
The old farmer ________ not happy with the sons.
_______ often quarreled among them.
He hit upon a _______.
The sons did it _________. Nobody
could ________ them.
6. Read the following statements. Write true/false 1×6=06
(a) The farmer lived in an urban area.
(b) The sons have hostility among one another.
(c) The farmer himself tied the bundle.
(d) The farmer wanted to teach his sons about the importance of separation.
(e) The sons tried their best to break the sticks.
The sons promised to remain the same as they remained before.
7. Answer the following questions: 2×5=10
(a) Why was the old farmer unhappy?
(b) Who did not pay heed to their father?
(c) What did the old farmer want to teach?
(d) What is the moral of the story?
(e) How was the farmer able to teach his sons a lesson?
8. Suppose you are Swapnil Roy. You live in 45/A, Justice Lal Mohon Das Road, Sutrapur, Dhaka-1100. You have a friend named Bishakh Joty who lives in a Village named Raipura under Kaligonj Thana in Gazipur District. He wants to know from you about the benefits of unity. Now write a letter telling him about it. 10
9.Write five WH-questions from the given statements. 2×5=10
(a) Sumon sir teaches us English.
(b) We love our countrymen.
(c) There are 29 days in February in leap year.
(d) Our Principal advises us to study three to four hours everyday.
(e) We should always try to be honest, sincere and hard working.
10.Read the instructions about Preparation for the Examination, then answer the following questions. 1+2+3=6
1. Follow some important advice.
2. Think over the subject in which you are weak.
3. Read seriously the particular subject for days together.
4. Go through seriously for every subject and give revision.
5. Make yourself confident enough for acquiring an extra knowledge.
Q: What do you do when exam comes?( Knowledge)
Q: Why should you be serious?( Understanding)
Q: How do you prepare yourself before the exam? (Application)
11. Write 5 sentences about the daily activity of Joyonto considering the following points. (Write the time in numbers and period in ordinal numbers in your writing) 05
– What time does the school start?
– How many periods does he have?
– What time does each period begin?
Or, Fill in the blanks by writing the time so that the story makes sense. 05
On all Fridays, I sleep upto (a) ______. I get out of bed at (b) _______. I take my bath at (b) _______ and have my breakfast at around (d) ______. Then I read the Bengali newspaper upto (e) _____ . I maintain a separate timetable on Fridays
Or, Here is a TV schedule of programmes on the training of different sports. Write five sentences using the days of the week when you watch these programmes. Saturday is the first day of the week. 05
Days of the week Programme Title
1st day Cricket Game
2nd day Football Game
3rd day Tennis Game
4th day Badminton Game
5th day Hockey Game
12. Arrange and rewrite the following letters/ words so that they make sense. 2´5=10
(a) want, be, I, honest, a, boy, true, to, and.
(b) satisfactory, not, examination, my, was, so.
(c) very, I my, love, institution, much.
(e) maintains, Gregorian, always, A, discipline, true.
13.Suppose, you want to participate in the upcoming inter school football tournament. For that you need to fill a form. Now fill in the following form giving your personal
Inter-School Football TournameNt Luxmipur, Sylhet Photo
1.Name : …………….2.Date of birth : …………….
3.Address : …………….4.Name of school : …………….
5.Class: ……………. 6. Home Contact : …………….
7.Height : …………….
8.Weight : …………….
9.Player Position : …………….
10.Favorite Game : …………….
Signature & Date
সুমন লেনার্ড রোজারিও, সিনিয়র শিক্ষক (ইংরেজি), সেন্ট গ্রেগরীজ হাই স্কুল অ্যান্ড কলেজ, ঢাকা